Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Class With Mr. Richards - Movement

So on Friday we spent a class period with Mr Richards in the dance studio to work on another of Paul Baker's concepts, movement. I'm not going to lie. I did not enjoy it. I hate to dance, I hate all of that stuff, but I did learn a lot about movement. I'm just a clumsy, awkward person so it wasn't easy for me at all, I know zero dance moves. But I did know exactly what he was talking about.
Anyways, maybe I didn't enjoy the dancing part but I did like learning from Mr. Richards. I think he's a really good teacher and I understood the meaning behind it.
Aside from the lesson, I really enjoyed Mr. Richards. I laughed so much in there. One time he said "If you do not follow instructions, you will get an F. Fffff." I was almost in tears because it was just so dang funny.
Overall it was okay.
One of his quotes was "All dances are too long." that was my favorite one. He also said "Symmetry is lifelless" and that's kinda true.

No comments:

Post a Comment